Let's Discuss

Ask Question - Get Answer, and connect with The Community

• Anup Sarma

March 7, 2022 at 8:53 pm

You may have neglected to create a logo for your business or maybe you have one but you’re looking for an upgrade.

Whatever the reason, you are in need of some graphic design help. I’m here to give you some graphic design ideas and inspiration from the pros.

Think about the target audience

So when you start a new design, before you do anything else try to put yourself in the shoes of the potential customer. What are they going to be buying? Why will they buy it?

If you can come up with an idea which would convince YOU to buy, then you’re on the right track. And this applies to any kind of graphic design job there is – whether it’s an advert, a website or a business card. the primary purpose of all of these things is to get a potential customer to PICK UP THE PHONE. That’s it – if you can achieve this, you should be proud that you’ve done your job well.

Find design inspiration

Have you ever heard the expression “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery”? If you run into trouble while working on a design, take a deep breath and look at how graphic designers from the past have dealt with the same situation. This doesn’t mean that you should copy someone else’s work – you just need to generate some new ideas of your own which can be sparked by leafing through other creative work.

Create graphic design!

So you now have an idea of the style that you’ll use, as well as the message you want to get across. How do graphic design creatives start the actual process of designing? I always begin by sketching ideas out on scrap paper. Don’t stop until you’ve explored a number of ideas so you can narrow them down to one or two good ones. If I’m creating some sort of page layout design, I’ll sketch a number of page outline thumbnails, look at the material that I have to fill them, and doodle little layouts over and over again. It never takes too long before some solid design ideas start to show themselves.